"I pulled you over for Speeding. Do you have any idea how fast you were going?"

Regardless of what you ride, even if you don't ride at all, EVERYONE is welcome here.

Mr. Motorcycle

I am

My photo
I live at 1 Frozen place in, Minnesota, United States
My real name is Mark. For many years now my wife has called me Mr. Motorcycle. When I started my Blog I was looking for a catchy blog name, so I went with it. I'm happily married and I'm also a father of 6 children. I have two human offspring, one dog, two cats and one custom Harley. I believe that makes 6 children. When I'm not doing my real full time job, or going for a ride, I like to do art, custom paint jobs, and of course BLOG. If you would like to contact me, my e-mail address is phonetically spelled for avoiding spammers. (I actually do use the number 1 in the beginning.) 1mrmotorcycleATgmailDOTcom

*****This is my Bliss*****

*****This is my Bliss*****
Depending on your settings, Click, or Double Click on the image for full size photo.
The photo above is my ride :
"Kenny" started life as a stock '97, 883 Sportster. It's been a work in progress since the day I bought it many years ago. Its mostly custom with a built, "slightly juiced up" 1200 motor.
The Metal Fabrication, bodywork and custom paint was done by me.

How the Hell did I come up with a name like Kenny for my bike you ask?...... Most people who name their rides, go with chick names. I of course had to be different. I think bikes look tough, cool and masculine; not feminine. Plus, my father "Ken" has helped make me who I am today. Therefore with a little twist on the name, my bike was named "Kenny".

KUSTUM PAINT

KUSTUM PAINT
Come check out my custom paint! Click on the logo above to go to my custom paint blog.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Twas not meant to be.

Notice anything new?


As recently seen on Arizona Harley Dude's blog, I saw this light switch cover and just had to have one of my own. I used electrical tape to lay it out, and cut it according to the general shape. I would usually have done it in reverse, sanded it for tooth(adhesion), and them masked it off and painted it black, however, I have women folk in my house, and I was going to see how it played out before doing any thing that would take that much time.


My 17 Yr. Old son thought it was a hoot, and my wife and almost 14 Yr. Old daughter did not think it was quite so funny.

I attest, this is "MY GARAGE" damnit, and I should be able to leave it that way! However, everyone goes in and out quite frequently. (Garbage can, Recycle bin, Extra Fridge./Freezer, Cars, Bikes, Etc. are all in "My garage too.) Therefore I must share "My garage".

With a little guilt, I left it there for the day. (Leaving my man foot firmly dug into place).

The following day, my daughter comes into the house after getting something out of the garage, and claims, "I'm not comfortable even touching that light switch in the garage any more."

I gave in. "Twas not meant to be."
The tape came off, and the women folk are happy again.

You know what they say.
If she ain't happy... Aint Nobody happy!

15 comments:

Dean "D-Day" said...

LMAO!!!! That's hilarious! I love it!

Mrs. M - Sorry but you and young 'un need to relax a little. It's just a light switch.

CRASH said...

I think I would've caved when the young'un complained too. You staked your claim and made a statement though. Good on ya.

B.B. said...

I think you should be relieved that your daughter feels that way (for now)! :)

Big Daddy said...

LMAO!!
Now that your daughter is 14
your 'cool' days are over.
Now everytime you do what you've always done...you get that look and
Daaaaad!!!!

Lady Ridesalot said...

"Left my man foot firmly in place." Muwahahahaha!

You were only fooling yourself!

Again... your such a good hubby and a great Dad. Sacrifice, sacrifice, sacrifice!

I'm with B.B... Be glad your daughter is not the one who thought it was a hoot! Thanks for the laugh!

FLHX_Dave said...

mwhahahahahah!...well, you did the right thing I guess. I hate to tell you this, but in a few years she is gonna be asking where that thing went so she can use it in her room.

Yes, I did go there, sorry. Mine is 18.

Tony said...

Haha, you gotta do what you gotta do! :)

"Joker" said...

This reminds me of when I told my daughter that D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. means, "Do I Look Like I Get Afraid."

I must hand it to you; you're a brave man. I wouldn't even have attempted that, pending divorce or not. All in all, I'm with BB on this one, 100%.

Canajun said...

Sometimes it's best just to concede gracefully and live to fight another day.

But hey, you gave it a shot!

LOL

TRT said...

Too funny, sharing is a necessary evil sometimes.

mq01 said...

wheres a switch when a girl needs it... i'll take it Mr M... LOL!
see, b.b. is right :)

Arizona Harley Dude said...

Mr. M, sorry to stir the pot at your place, but that is funny.

I agree with BB also.

montieandme said...

Sooo funny, great blog, I agree with B.B I would be relieved my daughter felt that way, shame though cause I loved the switch...maybe you should build your own private shed lol

Mr. Motorcycle said...

Thank you all for your comments! You guys make me laugh. It's the stuff you say back to me when I post that makes me keep doing this!

Webster World said...

I'd of been able to use a switch that was a nipple a lot better:) Or put that one in the wife's closet light.