"I pulled you over for Speeding. Do you have any idea how fast you were going?"

Regardless of what you ride, even if you don't ride at all, EVERYONE is welcome here.

Mr. Motorcycle


I am

My photo
I live at 1 Frozen place in, Minnesota, United States
My real name is Mark. For many years now my wife has called me Mr. Motorcycle. When I started my Blog I was looking for a catchy blog name, so I went with it. I'm happily married and I'm also a father of 6 children. I have two human offspring, one dog, two cats and one custom Harley. I believe that makes 6 children. When I'm not doing my real full time job, or going for a ride, I like to do art, custom paint jobs, and of course BLOG. If you would like to contact me, my e-mail address is phonetically spelled for avoiding spammers. (I actually do use the number 1 in the beginning.) 1mrmotorcycleATgmailDOTcom

*****This is my Bliss*****

*****This is my Bliss*****
Depending on your settings, Click, or Double Click on the image for full size photo.
The photo above is my ride :
"Kenny" started life as a stock '97, 883 Sportster. It's been a work in progress since the day I bought it many years ago. Its mostly custom with a built, "slightly juiced up" 1200 motor.
The Metal Fabrication, bodywork and custom paint was done by me.

How the Hell did I come up with a name like Kenny for my bike you ask?...... Most people who name their rides, go with chick names. I of course had to be different. I think bikes look tough, cool and masculine; not feminine. Plus, my father "Ken" has helped make me who I am today. Therefore with a little twist on the name, my bike was named "Kenny".

KUSTUM PAINT

KUSTUM PAINT
Come check out my custom paint! Click on the logo above to go to my custom paint blog.

Friday, March 28, 2008

ADOPT A HIGHWAY LITTER REMOVAL SERVICE OF AMERICA, INC.



As I was driving around the other day, I noticed the springtime temperatures we are having here in Minnesota are getting the roadside cleanup crews going. They are picking up litter all over. Many crews are directly affiliated with the nationwide Adopt a Highway Program.

I always realize how dirty our roadsides get when the snow melts off and all the winter’s accumulation of litter accrues. I am greatly thankful to those who join forces to clean up this mess each spring, and follow it through until the snow falls again each year. When I was a kid growing up, they did not have this program, and cities relied almost solely on tax dollars and volunteers like the Boy Scouts, and other organizations to help out.

Needless to say the clean up did not always happen, and I clearly remember driving by trash-ridden streets and highways all the time. The Adopt a Highway Program has clearly made a difference in my mind. Since I ride a motorcycle, & the road & roadsides are my view of the world, it sure is nice when it’s clean. Isn’t this after all one of the reasons we ride is for the spectacular views we get on the open road?

I just wanted to take the time to thank all of those sponsors, and volunteers out there helping to keep America’s roadsides clean and beautiful.


The following website shows how corporate sponsorship can get your company name on road signs for advertisement.

http://www.adoptahighway.net/

If you dig a little deeper on the Internet, searching “Adopt a Highway”, you’ll find tons of other sites with information on your local adopt a highway program. Many have free programs that work off the basis of volunteers.

A couple of examples are the two quotes from below came that came from the Texas program. http://www.dot.state.tx.us/trv/aah/ En Español

Make a difference: Adopt-a-Highway today!“Personal involvement has proven to be the best way to keep our roads clean. The Adopt-a-Highway program costs nothing for individual groups like businesses and civic organizations to get involved, and in return for their efforts, they gain public recognition.”—Billy Black, Co-Founder, Adopt-a-Highway

Looking for a way to improve your surroundings?The Adopt-a-Highway program gives groups the opportunity to help their communities by collecting litter and beautifying roadsides. This international program originated in Texas, where it remains one of the Lone Star State's most successful public-private initiatives.

En Español

Thanks again!
Mr. Motorcycle

No comments: