"I pulled you over for Speeding. Do you have any idea how fast you were going?"

Regardless of what you ride, even if you don't ride at all, EVERYONE is welcome here.

Mr. Motorcycle


I am

My photo
I live at 1 Frozen place in, Minnesota, United States
My real name is Mark. For many years now my wife has called me Mr. Motorcycle. When I started my Blog I was looking for a catchy blog name, so I went with it. I'm happily married and I'm also a father of 6 children. I have two human offspring, one dog, two cats and one custom Harley. I believe that makes 6 children. When I'm not doing my real full time job, or going for a ride, I like to do art, custom paint jobs, and of course BLOG. If you would like to contact me, my e-mail address is phonetically spelled for avoiding spammers. (I actually do use the number 1 in the beginning.) 1mrmotorcycleATgmailDOTcom

*****This is my Bliss*****

*****This is my Bliss*****
Depending on your settings, Click, or Double Click on the image for full size photo.
The photo above is my ride :
"Kenny" started life as a stock '97, 883 Sportster. It's been a work in progress since the day I bought it many years ago. Its mostly custom with a built, "slightly juiced up" 1200 motor.
The Metal Fabrication, bodywork and custom paint was done by me.

How the Hell did I come up with a name like Kenny for my bike you ask?...... Most people who name their rides, go with chick names. I of course had to be different. I think bikes look tough, cool and masculine; not feminine. Plus, my father "Ken" has helped make me who I am today. Therefore with a little twist on the name, my bike was named "Kenny".

KUSTUM PAINT

KUSTUM PAINT
Come check out my custom paint! Click on the logo above to go to my custom paint blog.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

2008 Harley-Davidson FXCWC Softail Rocker C


.
My friend, Jeff just went out and bought a Rocker C.
.
This red Rocker is a pretty cool ride. We went out on Friday last week and put on a couple hundred miles together. He had no problems keeping up, or cornering with the fat wide tire like He and I had anticipated, except for a couple of turns. I think part of this is just a learning curve with the new bike though. I took him on a ride of many twisting roads, and sharp turns, and was certain every time I looked back that I would find him in my dust, but he was always right on my tail. It's a pretty fancy ride for a stock bike. It has a wide rear tire, cool handlebars, nice long rake, and goes pretty fast. After his breaking in period, when he can really get on it, I'm sure it will really go fast then. There's only two things I'm not a huge fan of; the space between the rear fender and seat bottom is a little bigger than I'm used to looking at, and the stock pipes are super quiet. But I know Jeff. He will change the pipes out eventually. Over all, I have to say this is a very nice motorcycle. I told him he could park it in my garage, and leave the keys, "just in case I needed to move it or something."
.
Check out http://www.raptorsandrockets.com/Reviews/2008_Harley-Davidson_fxcwc_Softail_RockerC.htm for a pretty good review of the motorcycle, and quick video.

10 comments:

FLHX_Dave said...

Congrats Jeff. Yeah, I thought this was a pretty sweet ride the first time I saw it. It's definately a chrome bike though. I have seen a couple with the grey powder coated engines and parts...looks like plastic. I am still wondering why they went there. I think that space above the fender and ass cradle is to compensate for that fender candy seat that pops out, just in case you meet a new friend someplace. The only thing that bothers me is the long tank for some reason. Don't know why. Its a really nice bike overall. I think we are going to see new models like this coming out.

Only a truly loyal and good friend would offer his garage space like you did...hopefully your friend takes you up on your generosity...and doesn't pay too much attention to the odometer. Sin is a good man's brother.

Mr. Motorcycle said...

Dave,
I agree.

I also think you are right about "truly loyal and good friends" offering up free storage for motorcycles. You know, I've been eying your Street Glide?!? If it gets too hot in the summer months in Cali., and you feel the need for some free "storage" I offer my garage to you as well.

B.B. said...

The Rocker is one of my favorite bikes. And I love it in that red. I don't think it would be a good starter bike for me or else I would definately buy one. Oh, yeah and it is a little bit more than a sporty. ;)

Mr. Motorcycle said...

B.B.,
I agree with you on the color. It sure is pretty in real life. It's a candy red, so pics do not do it justice.

As far as starter bike, I agree with you. A bit too big, and a little much to handle.

Price-wise, mines an 11 year old Sporty, and I know I've got at least what he paid for his into mine! If you are truly into custom stuff like me, I guess it's all in what you want out of a bike, how you plan to get what you want, and what you are willing to spend to get yourself there.

But on the flip side, Harley is doing a really great job with making stock bikes not look so stock anymore.

"Joker" said...

That space you mention is exactly what I also am not crazy about when it comes to the Rocker. I also agree with Dave; if you're going to get one, get the Custom. I don't dig the powder coating either.

This bike replaced the Deuce in the Softail line-up, and although it's pretty cool, I think I liked the Deuce better. JMO. It's going to be interesting to see what's new for '09, coming up in just a few weeks.

Mr. Motorcycle said...

Joker,
I guess that is why the longer tank Dave referred to is on this bike too.

Big Daddy said...

I'm not sure about that popout seat for passengers.
Overall all tho..It's a sharp looking bike.
BTW I won a gold medal the other day...I'm so tickled,
I'm gonna have it bronzed.
LOL

Unknown said...

Nice looking bike. I know these bikes caused quite a stir when they first came out, I wonder how sales have been over all.

Mr. Motorcycle said...

Big D.,
The pop out seat is actually only referred to as a pad by HD. It is not really meant for any long haul, but that occasional second rider. But I agree, When the second seat is out, it only accentuates the wide spot between the seat bottom and the top of the fender. I also agree, overall a sharp looking bike.

A gold medal being bronzed? Was the medal for being first in Duh? LOL.

Rick,
In my quest for how sales have been overall, I found nothing but a better bike review than the one I posted.
http://www.globalrapidinfo.com/article_a.php?country=1&cid=A-20080430182354-SQJlNQUjCIEyj&cat=zUswKWdDqxAO

It's got some really good points. Interesting.

Mr. Motorcycle said...

Rick,

P.S.

I'm guessing sales aren't through the roof. (At least where I'm from)

I can't say exactly how much, but I can tell you that Jeff talked them down, (alot).