"I pulled you over for Speeding. Do you have any idea how fast you were going?"

Regardless of what you ride, even if you don't ride at all, EVERYONE is welcome here.

Mr. Motorcycle


I am

My photo
I live at 1 Frozen place in, Minnesota, United States
My real name is Mark. For many years now my wife has called me Mr. Motorcycle. When I started my Blog I was looking for a catchy blog name, so I went with it. I'm happily married and I'm also a father of 6 children. I have two human offspring, one dog, two cats and one custom Harley. I believe that makes 6 children. When I'm not doing my real full time job, or going for a ride, I like to do art, custom paint jobs, and of course BLOG. If you would like to contact me, my e-mail address is phonetically spelled for avoiding spammers. (I actually do use the number 1 in the beginning.) 1mrmotorcycleATgmailDOTcom

*****This is my Bliss*****

*****This is my Bliss*****
Depending on your settings, Click, or Double Click on the image for full size photo.
The photo above is my ride :
"Kenny" started life as a stock '97, 883 Sportster. It's been a work in progress since the day I bought it many years ago. Its mostly custom with a built, "slightly juiced up" 1200 motor.
The Metal Fabrication, bodywork and custom paint was done by me.

How the Hell did I come up with a name like Kenny for my bike you ask?...... Most people who name their rides, go with chick names. I of course had to be different. I think bikes look tough, cool and masculine; not feminine. Plus, my father "Ken" has helped make me who I am today. Therefore with a little twist on the name, my bike was named "Kenny".

KUSTUM PAINT

KUSTUM PAINT
Come check out my custom paint! Click on the logo above to go to my custom paint blog.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Pic of the week with a tattoo side note

When I woke up this morning, it was beautiful outside. Instead of just putting my dog out on the leash, I went outside with him. The grass was still wet with dew, and the sun was shining. The sunshine cascading on this dew laden cobweb caught my eye like a shiny coin would on black tar. The spider was in the middle. It was a classic picture of nature and it's beauty. It was one of those simpler things in life that make you realize how beautiful nature can be. I quickly got my camera to captured the moment.










Then I got to thinking.
I love cobwebs. They are really pretty, as long as you aren't walking through one. They also look pretty cool, and signify a sort of toughness. I've even got an old cobweb or spider web tattoo on my right shoulder. It's got a Black Widow in the center.


I remember thinking that I always thought that those cobwebs on the elbows looked pretty cool. When I got that tattoo I seriously pondered getting one one my elbow instead of my shoulder.
But I chose not to because I wanted all my tattoos to be able to be covered up by short sleeves for business purposes if I ever got a job where it really mattered.


Here is a picture of a dude with the classic elbow cobweb.
Pretty cool.
I had always heard that it had a meaning, but never knew what it was.
The power of the internet revealed to me that typically, the cobweb on someone's elbow signifies that they have been, or still are in prison. An extension or thread is added for each year they spend in the joint.

Funny, I never knew that until now.
I guess we all learn things as we go.

I'm glad that I know now. I'm also glad that I didn't choose an elbow cobweb design for a tattoo back then, not knowing what I know now. Boy would I have looked like a dumb ass at 19 with a tattoo signifying I spent five years in the Pen. That would have meant I was 14 Yrs. old when I started my hardened prison life. LOL!

17 comments:

Dean "D-Day" said...

Now there's a piece of information that I didn't know.

BTW...Cut your grass.

Anonymous said...

Checking for snarky comments about a line for every year of marriage ;)

Dean "D-Day" said...

"Snarky": I love that word!

Mr. Motorcycle said...

BTW, the grass is a healthy lenght. It was just cut yesterday as a matter of fact! It's not a fucking putting green. LOL!

Also, "snarky" comes from my wife's book of big words. It is only one of many. I'm always giving her shit about using words and abbreviations I've never heard before. I have to ask her where the hell do you come up with this shit?

Lady R (Di) said...

It is pretty cool when you can get a glimpse of Mother Nature at her best. I was surfing blogs the other day and came across someone's posting of the National Geographic's "Pics of the Year". Awesome photos!

That's funny about the tatt. That's like wearing a Raider's jersey cause your a fan, and get your ass kicked cause they think your a gang member! LOL!

Dean... "bite marks on your ass!" LOL! (Little secret) When I was newly married, I had a bad habit of saying, "bite my ass!" to occasionally express my unfavorable sentiments to my new hubby. Well, one day Harley taught me never, ever to say that again... ever! OUCH!! =:o

word veri was: "brusa"! LMAO!!!!

mq01 said...

ladyR, shit thats ironic. my little bro was jumped (20 yrs ago) when he was a teen in San Leandro/Oakland (where we were raised) because he was wearing his raiders jacket, they thought he was a gang banger...

J. Perewitz said...

Interesting! I didn't know that's what it meant either... now I will think twice about the people I see with a cobweb.

FLHX_Dave said...

Whoa! You are tripping me out here. WillyD and I were having this conversation about the cobweb tat at a rest stop in AZ a few days ago.

Mastercheif said...

Great pics. I agree, your lawn needs some lovin. Nice tats

Anonymous said...

My wife always used to tell me to kiss her ass so one day I planted a big wet one on her forehead right between her eyes and have not heard that phrase again for over 30 years!

Willy D said...

You should of caught the little fella some breakfast. Yum Yum.

Ann said...

Nice pic of the spider/cobweb. Nature at it's best. I did know that about the cobweb on the elbow. I love the word 'Snarky'!!!

Baron's Life said...

Live & learn as they say and boy did I learn something today or what

Webster World said...

Good shot of nature. I too did not know of the tat. Still think they look cool. I don't want to earn one either.

Unknown said...

We're all lifers of one sort or another.

kawamawasailor said...

There is some nice ink on Fishback arm. Check the blog at
http://kayamawasailor.blogspot.com/

Mr. Motorcycle said...

Yeah, those are some cool tats. I love the springer. I would have never thought to incorporate that into a tat like that.