"I pulled you over for Speeding. Do you have any idea how fast you were going?"

Regardless of what you ride, even if you don't ride at all, EVERYONE is welcome here.

Mr. Motorcycle


I am

My photo
I live at 1 Frozen place in, Minnesota, United States
My real name is Mark. For many years now my wife has called me Mr. Motorcycle. When I started my Blog I was looking for a catchy blog name, so I went with it. I'm happily married and I'm also a father of 6 children. I have two human offspring, one dog, two cats and one custom Harley. I believe that makes 6 children. When I'm not doing my real full time job, or going for a ride, I like to do art, custom paint jobs, and of course BLOG. If you would like to contact me, my e-mail address is phonetically spelled for avoiding spammers. (I actually do use the number 1 in the beginning.) 1mrmotorcycleATgmailDOTcom

*****This is my Bliss*****

*****This is my Bliss*****
Depending on your settings, Click, or Double Click on the image for full size photo.
The photo above is my ride :
"Kenny" started life as a stock '97, 883 Sportster. It's been a work in progress since the day I bought it many years ago. Its mostly custom with a built, "slightly juiced up" 1200 motor.
The Metal Fabrication, bodywork and custom paint was done by me.

How the Hell did I come up with a name like Kenny for my bike you ask?...... Most people who name their rides, go with chick names. I of course had to be different. I think bikes look tough, cool and masculine; not feminine. Plus, my father "Ken" has helped make me who I am today. Therefore with a little twist on the name, my bike was named "Kenny".

KUSTUM PAINT

KUSTUM PAINT
Come check out my custom paint! Click on the logo above to go to my custom paint blog.

Monday, January 26, 2009

2008 collection of mailboxes that I've photographed while riding.

Mail boxes, lots and lots of mail boxes.
I know, it sounds silly, but when you ride, you are "on the road" "in the wind", and out in the open. Your senses heighten, and you begin to notice "everything". You see things many times missed by the casual passerby in a car. That to me is one of the greatest joys of riding a motorcycle.

I've taken the time to create a collection of some of the more memorable mailboxes that I've ridden by while on my two wheeled travels. Unfortunately, some of my favorites I've had to pass by, due to either not having a camera, or riding with a group, etc.

Here are some of the ones that I've captured when not riding in a group, and having someone wonder why the hell we all have to stop riding so Mwa can take a picture of a damn mailbox.

For those of you who know me, by now, you know I'm artsy fartsy, so this kind of shit is right up my ally. How could I not notice this great little piece of Americana? I'm quite certain I'm not the only biker who notices these. Hopefully anyway, or I guess that makes me quite kooky. Maybe the fact that I actually took the time to make a photo collection of them for the blog is kooky. I'll give you that.

Anyway...
I hope you enjoy my collection as much as I did collecting it.


We have a patriotic mail box.

.
.
.
We have sculpture in stainless steel.

.
.
.
We have sports lovers.

.
.
.
We have the numbers painted nicely, or differently theme.

.

.
.
.
We've got the John Deere theme.

.
.
Love this one with the little farmer in the tractor!

.

.

.
.
We've got competition for John Deere with Case Tractors.

.
.
.
Then there's pigs and dogs.

.

.
.
.
And a bit of racing.

.
Don't know why, rust and all, I particularly liked this flamed mailbox.

.
Nice scallops.

.
.
.
One of my favorites... Air mail.


.
.
This last one, I borrowed from a fellow blogger Ann Nelson.

14 comments:

Learning to Golf said...

Mr. M this is a nice collection of taking the time to REALLY enjoy the ride. Personally I look, enjoy, and then several minutes later wonder why I didn't stop and snap a picture. This is my only regret about riding. I need to practice more of the Artsy fartsy aspects of riding. Thanks for the reminder.

Ann said...

My personal favorite is the rusty flamed one! :)

I can't believe you really found that Air Mail one! What a trip!

Skybob said...

Very cool!

Baron's Life said...

LOve the case tracor and the air mail.Praise the lowered.
Very imaginitive subject.

Dean "D-Day" said...

Love the pictures. I have to admit... I never paid that much attention to mailboxes before. After this, I will definitely keep an eye out.
Thanx!

One Harley Rider said...

Very nice post - I wanted to do a similar one with an assortment of marinated road kill.

Anonymous said...

cool mailboxes! We have one around here that is a big yellow Tonka truck.

word veri: chain
(as in chain mail?)

Anonymous said...

No collection although I was a little disapointed to not find a distinct motorcycle box. I guess the scallops are as close as you get. These are the kind of things "cagers" just don't notice as much.

Willy D said...

I like the rusty flame-job. Kind of like an old bike with a lot of miles and a lot of stories.

Mr. Motorcycle said...

AH Dude,
I've missed a few and had the same thoughts. Some of these are ones I purposely made an effort to go back and photograph the next time I was riding in that area. Unfortunately, some of the coolest ones that I've missed, I've forgotten where the hell they were.

Ann, Me too. I like the rusty flames the best. It's got a ton of character. The air mail box. I just about shit when I saw it, then recently saw the post you had for bills.

Tony,
Thanks man!

Barron's Life,
I thought the Case was a good follow up after all the John Deeres. I was surprised how many of those green ones I've found.

Dean, now that the mailboxes will get you attention, just don't hit something while riding, and looking! Problem with these, is by the time you have noticed a unique one while riding, You've already passed it, and have to make a u-turn to photograph it.

One Harley Rider,
What are you waiting for. I want to see that road kill collection by the end of 2009, or beginning of 2010.

Mrs. R.C.,
You should post it. I'd love to see it! The Tonka Truck mailbox that is.

Scott,
Thanks! I actually did see a motorcycle mailbox. It's on the back roads on the way north to Duluth. I was in a car, with my whole family when I saw it. I swore, someday, I'm going back to photograph it on my bike.

Willy D.,
I agree completely. Just like an old bike with a lot of history. Love that one. I also liked how the flames are kind of vertical, not horizontal like traditional flames. They also don't really resemble hot rod motorcycle flames which also makes them really unique.

monkey said...

Those John Deere ones are awesome, we dont have mail boxes like that over here but if we did i would make mine in the shape of a chopper fuel tank. Painted with the George Cross of course.

J. Perewitz said...

i like the boston terrier mailbox! My mom has a Boston! Maybe we can ditch out flamed mailbox for that one!
There is one down the street from the shop that has one that says Bills on one side and Air mail on the other! Too funny!

Mr. Motorcycle said...

J. Perewitz,
Maybe you should have a Snoopy doghouse mailbox with flames painted on it that has a Boston Terrior instead of a beagle. Best of all worlds.

Kinda figured the shop would have flames on the mailbox.

Anonymous said...

Where can I get one of those mailboxes with the tall pole for my bills? lol.

Ride on,
Torch