"I pulled you over for Speeding. Do you have any idea how fast you were going?"

Regardless of what you ride, even if you don't ride at all, EVERYONE is welcome here.

Mr. Motorcycle


I am

My photo
I live at 1 Frozen place in, Minnesota, United States
My real name is Mark. For many years now my wife has called me Mr. Motorcycle. When I started my Blog I was looking for a catchy blog name, so I went with it. I'm happily married and I'm also a father of 6 children. I have two human offspring, one dog, two cats and one custom Harley. I believe that makes 6 children. When I'm not doing my real full time job, or going for a ride, I like to do art, custom paint jobs, and of course BLOG. If you would like to contact me, my e-mail address is phonetically spelled for avoiding spammers. (I actually do use the number 1 in the beginning.) 1mrmotorcycleATgmailDOTcom

*****This is my Bliss*****

*****This is my Bliss*****
Depending on your settings, Click, or Double Click on the image for full size photo.
The photo above is my ride :
"Kenny" started life as a stock '97, 883 Sportster. It's been a work in progress since the day I bought it many years ago. Its mostly custom with a built, "slightly juiced up" 1200 motor.
The Metal Fabrication, bodywork and custom paint was done by me.

How the Hell did I come up with a name like Kenny for my bike you ask?...... Most people who name their rides, go with chick names. I of course had to be different. I think bikes look tough, cool and masculine; not feminine. Plus, my father "Ken" has helped make me who I am today. Therefore with a little twist on the name, my bike was named "Kenny".

KUSTUM PAINT

KUSTUM PAINT
Come check out my custom paint! Click on the logo above to go to my custom paint blog.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

2.5 really damn ass cold miles

I rode my bike to the bike shop on Monday. The day was supposed to top out at 5 degrees F.. When I got a ride home from the shop, the thermometer read 0 degrees F.

Now mind you in Celsius Zero is Freezing cold (Literally). But in Fahrenheit Zero is 31 degrees below freezing, and then lets add some windchill factor just for kicks. I think topped out at about 40 MPH and got a wee bit cold.

I only wore my half shell with a mask and shades. The exposed area around the eyes was screaming for me to stop. I trudged on. I want that new tire on before it's riding time dammit! The shop had an opening, and my friend the owner of the shop was telling me it was picking up, and if I did not get my bike in quick, I'd be in line waiting come springtime to have the work done, and missing out on riding time.

I should have listened to my wife ages ago when she hounded me to get it in before the trailer was buried in snow in the back yard, but I wanted to milk out every last day of riding, and now I had to pay for my greed. I asked to use several friends and family's covered trailers, but all had the same story as me, or else they were full of shit. (The trailers that is, not my friends or family) Well maybe both. Who knows.

Oh well, such is life. My bike's at the shop now, and will be ready for me come springtime. I'll be ready to roll then.

23 comments:

Ann said...

Kudos to you, Mr. M!!! I wouldn't be riding in weather that cold, not even for 2.5 miles! I have my chaps and all my other cold-weather gear on when it's 55°F!!

Lady R (Di) said...

I had to take my Glide in last week to have speedometer gear unit replaced. It was 38 degrees that day and I only had to ride for 1.5 miles. I felt how cold it was with that, so I can imagine how FRIGID it was for you at 5 degrees. Brrrr! It's funny what we'll do to keep our rides ready, heh? Hurry up Spring!

Learning to Golf said...

I salute you Mr. M for braving the elements. But did I read it correctly? You're leaving her at the shop until spring?

You are braver than I, I would have to brave the elements once more to safely tuck her in my garage.

Dean "D-Day" said...

F'n crazy man!
'Nuf said.

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

I need new tires on my bike too, but I'm not nearly as... um... "ambitious" as you. Yeah, that's the word I was looking for. ;-)

Webster World said...

Dean said it.

Anonymous said...

The best words I ever read:

"I should have listened to my wife ages ago "

and not just about getting the cycle into the shop. AHEM ;)

--TheWife

Mr. Motorcycle said...

Ann, I've got chaps, but didn't even wear them.

Lady R,
It was actually 0 degrees, not 5. But, like that really matters when you are riding when it's that cold though, Huh?

AH Dude, The bike will be home in my heated garage, soon as it's done.

Dean, I know.

Jeff,
Thanks man. P.S. No other bikers were out there to give me the wave.

Web World,
I pride myself in that a bit.

Mr. Motorcycle said...

To my wife,
Words to live by....
I should have listened.
Yes dear.
What ever makes you happy.
I'm sorry.
Yes I admit, I was wrong.

The list goes on an on.

I figured I'd get a reply from the peanut gallery on this one.

Dean "D-Day" said...

"I should have listened to my wife ages ago "

Ugh...Shouldn't have put that in print. You just got an "I told you so".

Mr. Motorcycle said...

Dean, I was waiting for my verbal smack down. Sure enough, it came.

Chessie (Chesshirecat) said...

Please be sure to put lots of skin lotion on where your skin was exposed. It's burned...and your gonna need some relief, I did something simalar a few weeks ago. The skin on my hands and my face that were exposed was freakin' out. I actually burned the skin from the cold...I guess one would call that "coming close to frostbite"?
Zero degrees is nothin to laugh at.

By the way, I wish I could find it now, but this morning I saw a web page where the owner who lives in Spearfish SD...is riding daily on his motorcycle...the streets still have snow packed on em...now that guy is crazy...he says he is riding everyday...cuz he can't afford the gas prices. WHAT? Gas is the lowest it's been in a couple of years!

Lady R (Di) said...

Mrs. M... What would they do without us?

Dean "D-Day" said...

Lady R-
Probably riding a whole lot more and with bigger smiles on our faces. :P

Lady R (Di) said...

Dean... You'll have to ride that motorcycle a lot more, cause you wouldn't be riding much else! Remember to smile! Muwahahahaha!

Lady R (Di) said...

Sorry Mr. M. That was very crass of me. :(

Mr. Motorcycle said...

Crass is my middle name with a C added to the beginning!

Baron's Life said...

You're freakin brave to get out there in the cold...! and all that just for a tire.... I'd understand if there was some tequila at the end of the tunnel

Anonymous said...

Come on spring...come to mama!

Allen Madding said...

My helmet is off to you, sir. You've lost your ever loven mind. Even I wouldn't ride below 0!

-Peace

Mastercheif said...

Have your nuts thawed out yet?

Willy D said...

Only 2.5 miles? You didn’t even warm up your bike. Should have gone around the block a few times ;)

Mr. Motorcycle said...

Funny you should mention thawing out my nutz. We have an annual frost yer nutz run in the fall, and a defrost yer nutz run in the spring.