"I pulled you over for Speeding. Do you have any idea how fast you were going?"

Regardless of what you ride, even if you don't ride at all, EVERYONE is welcome here.

Mr. Motorcycle


I am

My photo
I live at 1 Frozen place in, Minnesota, United States
My real name is Mark. For many years now my wife has called me Mr. Motorcycle. When I started my Blog I was looking for a catchy blog name, so I went with it. I'm happily married and I'm also a father of 6 children. I have two human offspring, one dog, two cats and one custom Harley. I believe that makes 6 children. When I'm not doing my real full time job, or going for a ride, I like to do art, custom paint jobs, and of course BLOG. If you would like to contact me, my e-mail address is phonetically spelled for avoiding spammers. (I actually do use the number 1 in the beginning.) 1mrmotorcycleATgmailDOTcom

*****This is my Bliss*****

*****This is my Bliss*****
Depending on your settings, Click, or Double Click on the image for full size photo.
The photo above is my ride :
"Kenny" started life as a stock '97, 883 Sportster. It's been a work in progress since the day I bought it many years ago. Its mostly custom with a built, "slightly juiced up" 1200 motor.
The Metal Fabrication, bodywork and custom paint was done by me.

How the Hell did I come up with a name like Kenny for my bike you ask?...... Most people who name their rides, go with chick names. I of course had to be different. I think bikes look tough, cool and masculine; not feminine. Plus, my father "Ken" has helped make me who I am today. Therefore with a little twist on the name, my bike was named "Kenny".

KUSTUM PAINT

KUSTUM PAINT
Come check out my custom paint! Click on the logo above to go to my custom paint blog.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Season's of change, and a place I call my home



As I was out riding yesterday, I felt as though I was once again where I belonged. That place I call my home is Minnesota on two wheels.With the cool crispness of the late September fall air rushing at me, I noted the fall colors starting to fire. After many years here, I know that this is only the beginning of the colorful splendor fall will bring. I belong on two wheels, as much as the sun belongs in the sky. I belong in Minnesota, as much as the fish belong in the water. I need to feel the season's of change. I need to bear witness on the beauty these season's of change bring with it each and every year. There is such beauty in all of the four seasons. Spring brings lush green colors as far as the eye can see. Summer brings warmer riding, and good times I'll never forget with friends and family out at the cabin. But Autumn brings mixed feeling for me. It is to me the most beautiful time of the year. It brings an awesome color show with the turning of the leaves. It is to me the most spectacular time to ride and enjoy the views Mother Nature paints for us. It brings milder riding temperatures, but also brings the end of my riding season. Granted, winter is the one season out of the year we cannot ride motorcycles, but I figure it to be a trade off for the one summer season in warmer climates that it is too hot to bear riding comfortably. The upside is that the white snow brings such a clean beauty that I could not live without. It brings Christmas into the right light for me as well. I grew up in Minnesota, and could not imagine life without this wonderful place I call my home.

17 comments:

Dean "D-Day" said...

I agree with your sentiments about fall. They are beautiful here in the Midwest and the temps are perfect for riding.

HOWEVER, being in Wisconsin, I experience the same winters that you do. And I couldn't agree less. I hate winter more and more as I get older and I could do just fine without it.

FLHX_Dave said...

Nice. I really miss the fall and that smell, that fall smell. aaaahhhhh. Sounds like you had some sort of "feel'in good about life" moment or something. Good for you brother! Some people never get to enjoy moments like that.

Mr. Motorcycle said...

Dean,
Sorry you hate winter. What about skiing, snowmobiling, watching kids play in the snow, the beauty after a fresh snowfall, and there isn't a footprint, or tire track or speck of dirt, or dry grass to be found. The pine trees all covered in snow, Or the mornings when you wake up and everything is covered with frost. It's like an ice crystal fantasy world. Hard to believe you're seeing it with your own eyes. It may be cold, but it's sure is perty!

Dave,
Yeah I was having one of those moments while riding yesterday and thought of posting it, then thought nope...not gonna...too sappy. Then you introduced us to Bernie A.K.A. Willie D, our new blogger buddy and his post:

http://docwrench.blogspot.com/2008/09/west-coast-vs-east-coast-or-east-coast.html

Well then I just had to do it.

B.B. said...

I miss being able to watch the seasons change. But like I said before, I do NOT miss the snow. But the way you describe it would make me want to be in it. (If I didn't know better.) LOL
It's a good feeling when you know that you're exactly where you're supposed to be.

Lady R (Di) said...

I miss the seasons. My favorite was Fall and Spring. Iowa had great seasons with just enough time to enjoy each one. Here in Alabama,we get about two weeks of Spring and two weeks of Fall. Yuck. It's hot, hot, hot, from about April to October. Our winter temps are mild with some occasional freezing, but I can ride my motorcycle year around. This part is nice and I don't think I would trade that. I'm looking forward to you supplying us with a colorful palate of fall foilage!

Anonymous said...

I hate to be cold, but I love snow! If we could get it to snow at 50 degrees or so, I'd be in heaven! But then again, I get the day off work when it snows!!!

The change of the seasons is awesome. I do love the fall colors, but the shortening days and chillier temps depress me because I know that my riding season is coming to an end, and months of being cold and miserable are upon me. The spring is awesome--everything is fresh and new, pretty flowers blooming everywhere, sun shining, and my Harley comes down out of storage. But summertime is the best. Sure it gets hot, but that's better than being cold any day of the year...and twice on Sundays!

Mr. Motorcycle said...

B.B.,
I have just a few words for you. booze, Hot tub, snow angels, and more booze. You said you would want to be in it.

Lady R,
Hot, hot, hot, isn't for me any more than winter is for some folks. 7 months of hot is Hell to me. Oh yea, I'll do my best to supply a colorful palate of fall foliage.

Mrs RC,
I hate to be hot. When it's too hot, I don't want to ride anymore than when it's 30 degrees.

Mr. Motorcycle said...

I should tell you all that maybe one of the reasons I don't mind winter all that much like some folks who ride is that I'm either nuts, or a bit more hardcore or desperate to ride than most people here in Minnesota. I've been known to hop on my bike in 20 degree weather just to scratch that itch if you will. I don't stop riding until there is snow or ice preventing me from it. I figure if people can dress warm enough to ride snowmobiles, I can dress warm enough to ride motorcycles when it's cold too. I may be cold when I pull into my garage to park the bike but at least I've got a frozen smile :)

Ann said...

Mr. M: I think most of us would agree that I'm pretty nuts. Having established that fact, I will never move back to Boston just because of the winters! I hate snow, ice, sleet, rain, etc. My 10-year-old daughter doesn't know what an ice-scraper is...and that's how it should be!

I do miss the spring and fall, but honestly, I can go up north to Flagstaff for that.

AND...I like to ride 365 days a year...repeat...I like to ride 365 days a year! :)

Mr. Motorcycle said...

Ann,

O.K, here's really crazy.

My wife and I would like to retire on the Gun Flint trail. (bordering Canada) even more snow and longer colder winters!

But it does have some of the most beautiful scenery in the world in my eyes, great riding, and great snowmobiling too.

"Joker" said...

I agree with you completely. You just need to substitute the name of the state for my version. As much as I hate not being able to ride in the winter, I do love the seasons. Fall has always been my favorite, though seeing how my life has been over the last 14 months I may have to change that to spring, just for the sake of riding!

I'm sure the autumn beauty out there rivals ours here for "leaf peeping." I enjoyed my time out in the midwest this summer very much. The only thing is...you folks all talk funny out there.

Mr. Motorcycle said...

I'm glad someone else can appreciate the change of seasons, but does everyone actually hat winter taht bad? I guess you said you hate not riding in the winter. I'll give you that much.

And oh yeah, LMFAO on the talking funny thing. We Midwesterners all think that about everyone else.

I must admit some of us more than other talk funny. I can really hear the "FARGO" movie accent, and sayings don't ya know in some people. The more you listen, the more you hear it too. Then it will start to annoy me.

B.B. said...

Hmmm.. well I guess I could handle it if all I had to do was drink, hot tub, and make snow angels. Maybe when I become independantly wealthy I'll think about it.

Mr. Motorcycle said...

B.B.,
Funny, I thought you already were.

B.B. said...

LOL. Oh, yeah, just don't tell Dave!

Mr. Motorcycle said...

O.K. Rich B.B.itch,
I promise I won't tell Dave you are filthy stinking rich. It'll be our little secret I swear.

I wonder if he's into motorcycle blogs. If so, you'd better be careful what you say here. He might just stumble upon it someday!

B.B. said...

ROTFLMAO! Someone finally figured out what one of the B's stands for!