"I pulled you over for Speeding. Do you have any idea how fast you were going?"

Regardless of what you ride, even if you don't ride at all, EVERYONE is welcome here.

Mr. Motorcycle


I am

My photo
I live at 1 Frozen place in, Minnesota, United States
My real name is Mark. For many years now my wife has called me Mr. Motorcycle. When I started my Blog I was looking for a catchy blog name, so I went with it. I'm happily married and I'm also a father of 6 children. I have two human offspring, one dog, two cats and one custom Harley. I believe that makes 6 children. When I'm not doing my real full time job, or going for a ride, I like to do art, custom paint jobs, and of course BLOG. If you would like to contact me, my e-mail address is phonetically spelled for avoiding spammers. (I actually do use the number 1 in the beginning.) 1mrmotorcycleATgmailDOTcom

*****This is my Bliss*****

*****This is my Bliss*****
Depending on your settings, Click, or Double Click on the image for full size photo.
The photo above is my ride :
"Kenny" started life as a stock '97, 883 Sportster. It's been a work in progress since the day I bought it many years ago. Its mostly custom with a built, "slightly juiced up" 1200 motor.
The Metal Fabrication, bodywork and custom paint was done by me.

How the Hell did I come up with a name like Kenny for my bike you ask?...... Most people who name their rides, go with chick names. I of course had to be different. I think bikes look tough, cool and masculine; not feminine. Plus, my father "Ken" has helped make me who I am today. Therefore with a little twist on the name, my bike was named "Kenny".

KUSTUM PAINT

KUSTUM PAINT
Come check out my custom paint! Click on the logo above to go to my custom paint blog.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

WIRED

On 9-09-08, I visited Helmet Hair MotorcycleBlog and looked at this amazing wire sculpture of a motorcycle. It was made by the artist Jin Dian Shi. His work is absolutely amazing. Just in case you don't read Helmet Hair, I just had to share it.




The information below was copied from the Andrew Bae Gallery website.
This marvelous sculpture by a Chinese artist, Jin Dian Shi, from Chengdu, China, depicts a life-size 1940’s vintage BMW motorcycle using woven stainless steel wires. This is his third motorcycle ever built, each one using different method and only one in North America. The artist’s technique here is a basic crochet-like approach using extremely simple custom made hand tools working in excruciating details. The shock spring is clearly visible as well as the tread patterns on its tires. Mr. Alan Artner, senior art critic at Chicago Tribune once says, “ This phenomenal workmanship is largely missing from contemporary art created in the west…” When asked how long his sculpture takes to build, Mr. Shi responds simply “I don’t know, and I don’t want to know.”
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact us. Andrew Bae at 312.335.8601 or info@andrewbaegallery.com 300 West Superior Street Chicago Illinois 60610



The pictures on this post were borrowed from from Helmet Hair, and from the Andrew Bae Gallery.

7 comments:

Ann said...

That is really cool!

B.B. said...

That is amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Lady R (Di) said...

WOW! I wonder how long it took him to make this one? This is such an awesome piece of art. I would like to be able to look at one in person, to see all the detail. Thanks for posting this. Maybe I need to visit Helmet Hair's blog.

Mr. Motorcycle said...

Ann, B.B, and lady R.,
Glad you liked it.

Funny, even the artist does not know how long it took, and doesn't want to!

IHG said...

OMG that is the most amazing sculpture I've ever seen. I wonder how much it is??? I want to display it in my living room! LOL

Helmet Hair always has cool stuff on that blog! Thank for finding this and sharing it with us!!

Dean "D-Day" said...

Thanks for sharing. Helmet Hair usually finds some pretty interesting stuff.

Mr. Motorcycle said...

IHG & Dean,

Glad you thought it was a cool as I did. Yes Helmet Hair does find some cool sh*t!