"I pulled you over for Speeding. Do you have any idea how fast you were going?"

Regardless of what you ride, even if you don't ride at all, EVERYONE is welcome here.

Mr. Motorcycle


I am

My photo
I live at 1 Frozen place in, Minnesota, United States
My real name is Mark. For many years now my wife has called me Mr. Motorcycle. When I started my Blog I was looking for a catchy blog name, so I went with it. I'm happily married and I'm also a father of 6 children. I have two human offspring, one dog, two cats and one custom Harley. I believe that makes 6 children. When I'm not doing my real full time job, or going for a ride, I like to do art, custom paint jobs, and of course BLOG. If you would like to contact me, my e-mail address is phonetically spelled for avoiding spammers. (I actually do use the number 1 in the beginning.) 1mrmotorcycleATgmailDOTcom

*****This is my Bliss*****

*****This is my Bliss*****
Depending on your settings, Click, or Double Click on the image for full size photo.
The photo above is my ride :
"Kenny" started life as a stock '97, 883 Sportster. It's been a work in progress since the day I bought it many years ago. Its mostly custom with a built, "slightly juiced up" 1200 motor.
The Metal Fabrication, bodywork and custom paint was done by me.

How the Hell did I come up with a name like Kenny for my bike you ask?...... Most people who name their rides, go with chick names. I of course had to be different. I think bikes look tough, cool and masculine; not feminine. Plus, my father "Ken" has helped make me who I am today. Therefore with a little twist on the name, my bike was named "Kenny".

KUSTUM PAINT

KUSTUM PAINT
Come check out my custom paint! Click on the logo above to go to my custom paint blog.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Art or is it?

I Thought this was kind of cool, and figured this was Blogable. I see it quite often. There is a distinct reverse image of the Harley Davidson Bar and Shield Logo left on one of my favorite chairs.


Its like unintentional art.

Its kind of like carving your name into a picnic table as a kid and leaving your mark.
Every time I wear a certain Harley shirt, and sit in this particular micro-fiber chair, I leave a temporary sign that says, "I was there."
Art, or is it?

10 comments:

Danny said...

Not sure about 'Art' but it is cool.

Canajun said...

Very cool. Like footprints on a beach that disappear after the next wave.

FLHX_Dave said...

Dude! It's like listening to records backwards and trying to figure out what satanic message was hidden in there.

Hmmmm...yeah, it's art in my book. If a cornflake that looks like the virgin Mary passes as art...hell yeah! This does too.

Steve said...

hehe, that is well cool!

Willy D said...

Put it on e-bay just to see what happens.

Doug Klassen said...

"Art is anything you can get away with." Andy Warhol, artist (1928 - 1987)

Dave,

Photograph the chair, make the photo nice and grainy and in black and white. Make up an "artist's statement" talking about "the duality of the impervious oppression of the senses by Man vis a vi the expression of the inner remoteness." The more BS you can sling with a straight face, the better. Hang the photo in some local restaurant and tell people the artist died from an overdose after snorting fumes from a Toyota Prius battery.

You'll get rich.

Doug

Webster World said...

Pretty cool. Art....yea.

Gary France said...

Wiki defianes art as "Art is the process or product of deliberately arranging elements in a way that appeals to the senses or emotions."

That does it for me. You chair print appeals to me, so it is art.

Gary
http://garysusatour.blogspot.com

Mr. Motorcycle said...

To all who commented on this one.
Thank you.
It, (Art that is)is a matter of perception. Like art though, weather it is or is not art, is at least thought provoking which is exactly what art is for.

Chew on that.

Motor-head Lady said...

It's most certainly art...in it's purest form! I love it! Thanks for sharing that.
MHL